To meet the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Information Commissioners Requirements around Regulation 6 of the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) 2003 the data controller is The Agenci, 16 St Martin’s le Grand, London
The following terms and conditions outline how personal data you provide to us or we collect from you is managed by The Agenci.
1. Your rights
2. What we may collect from you
Please note that browsing our site does not collect any personal information from you. In certain cases we do collect information:
- Information that you provide by filling in the contact form on our website.
- As we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, we collect visitor behaviour information about the use of our site. This is transmitted to Google to allow us to improve our website and visitor experience and for the purpose of evaluating your use of our site. From this information we have access to reports on website activity and internet usage. Google may be required to transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law.
- For more information on the cookies set by Google Analytics, visit:
Google Analytics Cookies – The basics
When someone visits our website we set four ‘first-party’ cookies on their computer automatically. ‘First party’ means that we (Agenci) set them to help us improve and enhance our website. We do not use third parties and only use Google Analytics for this process.
We collect no Personally Identifiable Information (PII). We make you aware of these because Google Analytics is a useful trending and analysis tool and not a way to track your private information. We use them to analyse high level trends and observe patterns of visits to our site and it relies on data collection via the following cookie placements. As we specialise in Information Security, we take this aspect very seriously and can conduct cookie audits and advise further on cookie security and other Internet and data security matters.
What Are These Four Cookies?
The _utma Cookie
This cookie tells us how many times a visitor has been to our site. More specifically it lets us know when the first visit was and when their last visit occurred. We use Google Analytics to help us understand how many visitors we’ve had and how long they stayed. This cookie is “persistent” cookie as it is set to expire in 2038 and has no Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
The _utmb and _utmc Cookies
The B and C cookies work together to calculate how long a visit takes and contain no PII.
- _utmb takes a timestamp of the moment a visitor enters a site. It expires at the end of the session.
- _utmc takes a timestamp when a visitor leaves a site. This cookie expires after 30 minutes or is reset when another site is visited using Google Analytics.
The _utmz Cookie
_utmz keeps track of the site visit and contains no PII. We use this to understand where the visitor came from, what search engine was used, what link was clicked and what keyword was used. It is updated every time you click on a new page and expires in 6 months. This cookie is how Google Analytics lets us know to whom and to what source, medium and keyword to assign to a visit to our website. This cookie can be edited with simple customisation to the Google Analytics Tracking code.
- To find out more about cookies, including how to control and delete them, visit:
- To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit:
The YouTube cookies which could be used are :
- Pref T
3. Where the data is stored
4. Disclosure of information
We may disclose information to third parties:
- To enable us to provide site maintenance or repair services in connection with your visit.
- If our assets are acquired by a third party then information about our customers will considered as an asset.
- Where legal obligation, or similar order is enforced.
5. Changes to this policy
Any changes made to this policy will be posted on this page.
This policy was last updated on 3rd August 2012.
6. Consent to cookies
Stuart Barker, Director, 16 St Martin’s le Grand, London, EC1A 4 EN
or email us at email@example.com