Data Protection can be a complex topic and getting is getting more complex by the day. Changes to the Data Protection law and the introduction of GDPR bring the requirement for business to have a Data Protection Officer. Under the new law you can contract out the role of Data Protection Officer externally.
Agenci : We are your GDPR Data Protection Officer.
Do I need a Data Protection Officer?
Under the GDPR, you must appoint a data protection officer (DPO) if you:
- are a public authority (except for courts acting in their judicial capacity);
- carry out large scale systematic monitoring of individuals (for example, online behaviour tracking); or
- carry out large scale processing of special categories of data or data relating to criminal convictions and offences.
You may appoint a single data protection officer to act for a group of companies or for a group of public authorities, taking into account their structure and size.
Any organisation is able to appoint a DPO. Regardless of whether the GDPR obliges you to appoint a DPO, you must ensure that your organisation has sufficient staff and skills to discharge your obligations under the GDPR.
The Data Protection Officer’s DPO’s minimum tasks
- To inform and advise the organisation and its employees about their obligations to comply with the GDPR and other data protection laws.
- To monitor compliance with the GDPR and other data protection laws, including managing internal data protection activities, advise on data protection impact assessments; train staff and conduct internal audits.
- To be the first point of contact for supervisory authorities and for individuals whose data is processed (employees, customers etc).
Agenci GDPR DPO
We work in partnership with our clients to provide fully managed GDPR Data Protection Officer services. Our collaborative data protection officer as a service approach is there for when you need GDPR Data Protection Officer resources but the cost of a full time Data Protection Officer is prohibitive.
- An fully compliant GDPR Data Protection Officer Security Director in your company
- Fully comply with GDPR legislation
- Part of your team
- One low cost monthly fee
- Complete Responsibility for delivering GDPR Data Protection Officer responsibilities
Contact a member of the Agenci team to find out how a GDPR DPO Service can protect your business and provide a low cost option against risk.