ISO 27001 Benefits
Protecting your business from Cyber Crime
Cybercrime, the term used for illegal activity committed on the internet is a major headache for businesses with swift actions damaging production and reputation worldwide. From email intrusion, spamming, credit card fraud, data security the list is endless and the price is high. One of the ways to reduce the risk of cybercrime is by implementing ISO 27001 in to the workplace. ISO 27001 is the international information security management framework, a standard set by the British Standards Institute to improve safety, efficiency, business exchange and trade facilitation.
ISO 27001 benefits to business
ISO 27001 does much more than limiting the risk of cybercrime, we list the benefits of implementing the standard to your business:
- Increase in business as customers / suppliers recognise a credible trusted partner
- Increase in Government tender opportunities as a compliance requirement
- Business differentiator providing competitive advantage over similar organisations
- Framework demonstrates legal and regulatory requirements, no law breaking no penalties
- Repeatable, sustainable processes easy to keep up to date when regulation changes
- Reduction in incidents and support costs, more time spent on productivity
- Pro active management of risk and reputation, staff aware, roles and processes in place
- Business able to sustain and support growth with controls in place
We know cybercrime can be devastating for business but the damage long term can be significant. It is a mandatory requirement for UK public sector organisations to inform the Information Commissioner’s Office of a data breach. Although the same legislation is not currently enforced in the UK private sector, increasingly commercial organisations are required to meet certain information security standards in order to win the trust of their customers and suppliers to tender for projects. As well helping to win new clients, public sector contracts and setting a standard in industry, ISO 27001 also mimises the risk of data breaches, loss of business and offers protection from cybercrime attacks stalling production – ultimately saving you money.
ISO 27001 Certification
Speak to a member of the team now on
03455 760 999
We would love to help you, ask for Stuart:
ISO 27001 Certification
ISO 27001 certification is the independent assessment and assurance that you are meeting and have passed the ISO 27001 requirements of the ISO 27001 standard. Agenci deliver the complete ISO 27001 certification solution.