Keynote Speaker Gary Hibberd
Gary is a regular speaker and writer on the topic of Cyber Security and Business Continuity.
As a keynote speaker, Gary demonstrates a passion and ability for communicating technical matters which has earned him the title of ‘Professor of Communicating Cyber’.
His credits also include being asked to speak at major businesses conferences on the topic of Cyber and cyber terrorism.
Speaking topics include:
- Cybercrime and CyberTerrorism – The new Crime Inc.
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly side of Cyberspace.
- What Cyber is doing to us.
- Why cybercriminals are targeting SME’s.
- The Future of Crime.
- War Games.
- You’re the problem – your IT is fine.
MD of Agenci, Hibberd started his career as an IT programmer back in 1985 and has had a passion for all things cyber related since then. He has a broad range of experience in almost every discipline in IT from programming to systems design and network architect to information security. He is a qualified Information Security & Business Continuity professional and regular contributor to government initiatives on cyber security and counter terrorism.
Prior to Agenci, Gary has held the following positions:
- Business Continuity & Information Security at LateRooms.com
- Head of Risk & Information Security at Irwin Mitchell
- Head Of Business Continuity & Op Risk at GE Money Bank
Gary Hibberd is a member of CENTRIC, which is a UK Cybercrime and Cyberterrorism Research Board, who advise at a UK and European level on these topics.
Gary has helped and advised businesses from a broad range of industries, from leisure to banking through to the legal sector and of course IT services.
In recognition of his work in raising the awareness of Cyber related issues, in an engaging and thought-provoking way, Gary was shortlisted in the June 2016 UK ‘Cyber Security Awards’, for the ‘Cyber Personality of the Year’ and Agenci were shortlisted for the ‘Most innovative Cyber Insurance Product’.
Gary has appeared in print by authoring or contributing to the following books:
- The Business Continuity Toolkit
- Cyber Crime and Cyber Terrorism Investigators Handbook
- The Definitive Guide to Business Continuity
- The Dummies Guide to Business Continuity Management
Gary Hibberd Testimonials
“Gary spoke at our conference, which was attended by over 150 of the senior management from across the group. He spoke for an hour and nearly one month later I can still remember much of what he said. There are few speakers out there that could command that level of interest. I thoroughly recommend him as a speaker and on a practical note it will help you both personally and professionally to be more Cyber safe.” – Bluefin Insurance National Sales Director.